By Jim Turner, Arizona Historian
If you enjoy driving Arizona’s scenic highways, you may often wonder why we honor certain people by naming roads after them, such as the Senator Hardt Highway. Read on, and you will wonder no more, at least about that one.
- GlobeMiamiTimes to replace GMTeConnect July 1
- Fall Festival 2012 has arrived!
- The ABC’s of Antiquing
- Get to Higher Ground: Round Mountain
- Apache Gold Casino: A Bright Future
- Dreaweaver: Mary Jane Dudley
- Priscilla & Harvey Nieto
- DarinLand: Unexpectedly, 9/11
- DarinLand: Growing Globe
- OUR TOWN’S PRIVATE PRISON FIASCO
TagsAntiques Apache art Apache Gold Arizona Arizona History Arizona Politics Bakelite Besh Ba Gowah Boyce Thompson Arboretum Carmen Casillas Center for the Arts Chamber of Commerce Christmas Mine Community Concert Series Community Issues copper mining Copper Spike Daisy Flores Dog Park Dr. Glen Wilt Ernie Kivisto Gary Murrey Gila County Globe Globe City Council Globe Historic District GUSD Hollis Cinemas James Parkey Jim Turner John Michael Kip Culver Linda Gross Main Street Miami Az Pickle Barrel Pioneer Hotel Fire Resolution Copper Co. San Carlos Shirley Dawson Tex-Mex Festival The White Porch Timothy Trent Tom Foster vida e caffe